Second Début in the news
Second Début has received media attention since opening in 2005, as a new concept for Goodwill/Easter Seals Minnesota and a unique boutique in the Twin Cities.
Second Début2 fashion show on Twin Cities Live, June 2010.
Watch the segment and see some amazing finds from the boutique.
Second Début2 featured in The Hamline Oracle
Hamline University's newspaper featured the new boutique in its April 20th edition.
Goodwill opens a new Second Début location
St. Paul, March 25, 2010 – Second Début2 is a smaller version of its sister store but carries renewed fashion by the same well-known designers. The new store spotlights accessories including handbags, shoes and jewelry plus a handpicked selection of casual clothing. More
Voted Number 1 by Citypages in 2009
Citipages readers voted Second Début as the “Best Used Clothing Store” again in 2009. If you haven’t been to Second Début, visit us soon!
StarTribune.com features Second Début
Learn more about Second Début in the Dollar Duo video produced by J. Pinkly.
Second Début featured in Minnesota Monthly, May 2008
In the "Top Shops" section on Consignment, Second Début is featured next to other top boutiques picked by editor Elizabeth Dehn. "Although it's not technically consignment, Second Début is at the top of our list for gently used clothing and accessories," says Dehn. Click here to see the article. (See cover image at right.)
More magazine clips
- Minnesota Bride noted in their Spring/Summer 2008 issue that brides can donate used dresses to Goodwill/Easter Seals and have them sold in our boutique to help raise money to fund our mission programs. Click here to go to Minnesota Bride online (our article online in print magazine on page 150 – 151).
- Lavender magazine columnist Tawnja Zahradka mentions shopping at Second Début and finding a great St. John suit for a fraction of the retail price. Click here to see Lavender online.
Second Début named 'Best of Twin Cities – Recycled' by Mpls/St.Paul Magazine for 2006
In the annual contest, Second Début came out on top of all recycled apparel stores in the Twin Cities metro area. This appeared in the magazine's December 2006 issue. Check out the Shopping + Style listing for Second Début.
Second Début named 'Favorite new store 2005' by Star Tribune's John Ewoldt
Goodwill's new boutique was named as consumer columnist John Ewoldt's "Favorite new store 2005" in his recent "Dollars and Sense" column. He wrote in part: "I can shop green (secondhand clothing and accessories), support a charity (Goodwill) and still feel like I'm shopping first-class. The "renewed fashions and art boutique" presents smart, spacious surroundings ... Frugal fashionistas love the Prada, St. John, Tahari, Escada, Eileen Fisher, Hugo Boss, Armani, and Faconnable. My favorite part is the budget selection of framed art, sculpture and accessories."
Second Début has the attention of Twin Cities' media
- The boutique was mentioned in the January 2006 issue of Mpls/St Paul magazine on Page 73 and in its Weekend Recommender as a top pick by Senior Editor Jane Haugen Olson the weekend of Jan. 13-15.
- "KARE-11 Saturday" featured the boutique on Jan. 14, 2006. Models wore boutique merchandise while an assistant manager told Anchor Kim Insley about the store.
- Goodwill/Easter Seals employees modeled fashions from the boutique on "KARE-11 Today," Feb. 6, 2006. The great designer fashions and art were shown by employee models.
- Mpls/St Paul magazine's Shops issue hit newsstands in September 2006 and introduced readers to a great new boutique in the Grand & Excelsior area of St. Louis Park – Second Début! Our boutique was listed again in the September 2007 and 2008 edition. You can also find us via their web site, http://www.mspmag.com/ in the Shops Guide.
- Second Début is featured on AliShops.com under “Consignment/Outlet Stores.” This site, created and written by Pioneer Press fashion and consumer writer Allison Kaplan recommends the best places to shop in the Twin Cities. Kaplan says, "A thrift store? You'd never know it from the neat displays and designer merchandise. But this is where Goodwill sends its best donations – premium denim, name-brand suits, even wedding dresses. The shop also features artwork. Prices are higher than at your average Goodwill shop, but then, the merchandise warrants it. And proceeds support Goodwill/Easter Seal's mission to provide workforce development and employment services for people with disabilities."
- Second Début is listed in the Blue Sky Guide for 2009 with a coupon to shop our store.
- Mpls/St Paul magazine's October 2008 "Frugal Chic" issue used a pair of tweed pumps from Second Début on the photo shoot on Page 90 about "Frugal Fashion."
- Vita.MN is shooting a holiday fashion spread that will include items from Second Début.
Minnesota Monthly magazine, May
2008, features Second Début.