1) ReEntry Program helps Jason succeed
We met Jason last summer. His story deservedly got lots of interest. After going through periods of incarceration since he was 13 years old, Jason went through Goodwill-Easter Seals’ ReEntry program. Find out more about the amazing work being done by the folks in our ReEntry program, and watch Jason’s story.
2) Boyd goes to Congress It’s rare that anyone we know flies off to D.C. to speak to Congress, so it makes sense why this story got so much attention. Last July our Area Director of Employment & Training, Boyd Brown, was chosen to testify before Congress about TANF, a program designed to support low-income families.
3) Meet Sabrina Sabrina’s story of going from homelessness to being one of last year’s Participants of the year clearly resonated with our audience.
It was a fluke that Mike heard a radio broadcast late one night after dropping someone off at the airport. On the radio was a Goodwill-Easter Seals’ Volunteer Coordinator talking about the need for volunteer mentors. Mike called in and became a mentor himself. Watch his story and learn more about the great work being done by our volunteers.
Our new partnership with Macy’s created a lot of excitement around our retail training program and helped bring some focus on how our training programs help change the lives of our participants by helping them get started in a new career.
6) Guy Bowling and the FATHER Project The FATHER Project does amazing work. Guy Bowling, who is the FATHER Project’s Workforce Development Manager, talked to us about what’s made them so successful.
Around Independence Day we took a look at all the ways Goodwill-Easter Seals helps people achieve independence in their lives.
8) Meet Danielle A newly single mom struggling to get back into the workforce so she could support her family, Danielle’s inspiring story began when she nervously walked into Goodwill to start the medical office skills training program.
9) 2015 legislative session The advocacy work done by Goodwill-Easter Seals in 2015 engaged 110 elected officials and members of the administration in direct conversations regarding Goodwill-Easter Seals and our public policy priorities and involved 189 of our program participants in advocacy activities, including 46 legislative visits during four events at the state capitol. Read more about our advocacy work in 2015.
10) When Missy met Philomena Our banking & Finance training program created the story of Missy, a young mom looking to start a career in banking, and Philomena, a vice-president at Wells Fargo who does everything she can to help our students.