Create a DIY zombie costume on a budget
Zombies can be scary. Zombies can be playful (sometimes). One thing a zombie shouldn’t be is expensive or difficult to create. We were inspired by the zombies (and perhaps zombie costumes) from our Goodwill stores to explore how you can inexpensively create your own zombie look for Halloween or the Zombie Pub Crawl.
So let’s examine the basics of what you’ll need to become a DIY zombie for your Halloween costume:
- Pale skin (use white makeup)
- Dark raccoon-looking eyes (use black makeup)
- Tattered and torn sleeves and clothing
- Blood on clothing (use red accents/red makeup or use fake blood from a bottle)
- Messy hair (could be just plain, messy, hair – or you could mess it up and use hairspray to keep in place)
Perhaps you’re looking for a slightly more formal look as your perfect zombie costume. If that’s the case, look no further than the zombie bride costume we feature here:
All you’d need is the perfect groom to go with this look and you’d be set!
No matter what look you’re going for, if it’s zombie-related there’s no better place to get your start than the nearest Goodwill store!