Halloween Safety Tips
Photo by Sarah Heath
Halloween is always one of the most fun days of the year, but only when you celebrate safely! Here are some simple tips to make sure you and your family have a great Halloween.
- An adult should always tag along with young children while trick or treating. Make it fun by doing a group Halloween costume that includes everyone!
- Make sure you have flashlights with your group, especially if you’re going to be on roads with limited streetlights.
- Only go to homes with a porch light on, and never enter a home.
- If you have older children who insist on going out alone, map out a route together and agree on a time when they need to return home.
- Pedestrian injuries are the most common to children on Halloween, so stay in a group, remember reflective tape for costumes, remain on well-lit streets and only cross the street in crosswalks.
Remember to review with your child how to call 911 or your local emergency number just in case.
From everyone at Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota, have a fun and safe Halloween!