We have many safety protocols to help keep the community safe when you shop or donate:
- We have a contactless donation process to prevent the spread of germs.
- Employees are wearing gloves/masks, performing daily health checks [including temperature readings] and will not be at work if experiencing any symptoms of illness.
- We increased cleaning practices and installed sneeze guards at every register.
- If our quantity of customers exceeds safe levels, guests may be asked to temporarily wait outside.
- Drinking fountains, fitting rooms, restrooms and shared areas are temporarily closed or modified.
- Customers and donors who do not follow our safety protocols may be asked to leave at any time.
All of the above is in place. In addition, shopping time will be limited, and floor markings indicate how to safely shop blue bins.
We continue serving over 1,500 people via digital and distance learning channels, and are taking the following steps to ensure the safety of anyone visiting our offices:
- Our info sessions and larger in-person meetings have shifted to online and teleconferencing formats.
- All employees on-site are performing daily health checks, including temperature readings, before their shifts and will not be at work if experiencing any symptoms of illness.
- Whenever possible, staff will serve participants remotely vs in-person; staff will be wearing gloves/masks.
- Drinking fountains, restrooms and shared areas are temporarily closed or modified.
- Vendors and guests are sent safety protocols in advance of in-person contact and expected to follow our safety protocols.