The Father Project’s home in the Coliseum Building in Minneapolis was damaged in the recent unrest. Our team is eager to serve you virtually Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and can be reached at 651-583-5469. We are still here for you, and will help to lead the healing and systems change that our community so clearly needs.
Founded in 1999 by the City of Minneapolis, the FATHER (Fostering Actions To Help Earnings and Responsibility) Project became a program of Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota in 2004. Since then, the Father Project has served thousands of fathers through an extensive network of community partners.
The Father Project's mission is to assist fathers in overcoming the barriers that prevent them from supporting their children economically and emotionally. Services offered include:
A Return on Investment study by the Wilder foundation showed a long-term financial return of $3.41 for each dollar invested in the Father Project. Evaluation outcomes have shown increased parenting skills, educational achievement, job placement and benefits for the children of participating families.
- Case management: a professional father advocate provides expert consultation on issues facing fathers and support for effective parenting.
- Parenting support: parenting classes help fathers learn practical skills and receive support from other fathers in similar circumstances.
- Child support services: Child support staff works with Father Project; from paternity to payment issues, we help fathers understand and improve their situation.
- Father and family activities: fun and educational activities provide fathers, children and family members with important opportunities to strengthen relationships.
- Employment services: we offer comprehensive employment services, including job search support and resume development.
- GED tutoring: get 1-1 tutoring from experienced, committed volunteers; all testing expenses are covered and bus tokens are available for students who demonstrate a commitment to the program. GED is open Mon-Thurs, 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. in the Twin Cities.
Contact Us (all parents welcome)
553 Fairview Ave. N.
St. Paul, MN 55104
50 2nd Avenue South
Waite Park, MN 56387
320-654-9521 ext 124