Celebrating Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month
Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) are central to Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota’s (GESMN) mission to eliminate barriers to work and independence. This May, we collaborated with local influencers, Ara Chun and Sandy Lor, to celebrate Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month.
Check out their one-of-kind finds plus their favorite local AAPI owned café/restaurant on our social media!
Every month, our employee-led DEI council provides resource guides to encourage teams across the organization to engage in thought-provoking discussions to help build community and relationships.
Join us in fostering conversations by checking out these AAPI resources shared by our DEI council for May:
- What is Asian Pacific American Heritage Month 2023? Here’s Everything You Need to Know About It and More.
- Stop Asian Hate Crimes - How to Be an Ally to the AAPI Community
- 11 Asian American History Moments to Know for AAPI Month
- What does it mean to be Asian American? Community members from the Seattle area weigh in.
- May is Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month, why do we celebrate?
- Did You Know? Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
GESMN welcomes the various backgrounds, experiences and many talents our employees and the people we serve bring to the workplace.
Learn more about our DEI initiatives here.