Items not accepted
Some items may not be accepted at the discretion of the donation attendant based on the condition of the item and/or seasonal need.
- Air conditioners and dehumidifiers
- Refrigerators, dishwashers, furnaces, stoves, washing machines
- Computers, laptops, monitors and printers
- Glass screen televisions
- Light fixtures and bulbs
- Mattresses, box springs, sleeper sofas, bedframes and water beds
- Baby furniture, car seats, cribs and other equipment
- Large entertainment centers
- Damaged or soiled furniture
- Automotive materials including tires, mufflers and fenders*
- Construction and plumbing materials, carpet, windows, tubs, etc.
- Consumer product recalled items
- Electrical fixtures and bulbs
- Gas-powered equipment like chainsaws, lawnmowers and snowblowers
- Hazardous materials, batteries, paint, household chemicals, cleaning supplies, liquids, poisons*
- Large exercise equipment like treadmills and stationary bikes
- Weapons, explosives, ammunition, flares
* Environmental regulations require that we dispose of these items in a safe, responsible manner. As a nonprofit, we are unable to pay these high disposal costs.
Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with the Federal Tax ID: 41-0706171.