This Privacy and Usage Policy for Goodwill-Easter Seals
Minnesota explains why we collect information, how we use it and how we
protect your personal privacy on our website as an organization.
It contains the conditions of use for the content on this site,
including publishing the content and inbound and outbound links. In
order to fully understand your rights we encourage you to read this
Questions regarding this policy statement should be directed to Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota via our Contact Us form.
1. Health information privacy practices
Personal health information is not collected or stored on this website. However, Goodwill-Easter Seals may collect and retain such information from participants upon applying for services. Visitors to this website are not required to share personally identifiable information. Users who do not wish to share personal information when visiting this site can still access our web pages and the information provided.
- Transmission of health-related data
We comply with all regulations set forward by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). To learn more about HIPAA, visit the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights. For more information, visit the HIPAA website.
- Download our Privacy Practices for service provision.
2. Information from and about minors under 18 years old
Goodwill-Easter Seals does not seek to collect personal information about children on this site or elsewhere. If a child submits information on this site and we become aware that the user submitting the information is a child, the information is not used for any purpose, nor is it disclosed to third parties. Goodwill-Easter Seals will comply with all regulations set forward by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). To learn more about COPPA, visit the Federal Trade Commission.
3. How information collected on this site is used
Our registration, public policy action alert and donations forms require users to provide basic contact information that may include name, email address, mailing address, interests and similar information. This information is used for the sole purpose of communicating with you in the way you choose and to provide relevant and useful content to you based on your actions (see number 3) and stated preferences on forms.
- Goodwill-Easter Seals does not and will never sell, share or exchange personal contact information, such as your name, email, address or any other information, collected from this website with other organizations, persons or entities.
- Goodwill-Easter Seals does not store sensitive information such as credit card numbers. When an online transaction is completed through this website, such as a charitable contribution, credit card information is used solely for the purpose of completing that specific transaction and is not retained.
- Goodwill-Easter Seals reserves the right to maintain information on users who have had their access to our site blocked.
- Your personal preferences for content are collected on this Goodwill-Easter Seals website. We use this to customize the information you receive and view.
- Any other information collected on this site is used in a collective format to improve outreach and promotional efforts, analyze site visits, improve content and product offerings and to customize site content, layout and services.
4. How information is collected on this website
- Information collected is specifically and knowingly provided by site visitors who complete online forms on this website.
- Internet Protocol Address: We collect an IP address from all visitors to our site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our site, analyze trends, track users' trends, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
5. Security: How we protect your personal information on this website
All credit card and personal information provided to Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our Site that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet is 100 percent secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information. Transactions are Verisign secured through our provider, Luminate.
We are pleased to state that online donations and other financial transactions completed through Blackbaud powered pages on our website are PCI DSS compliant. PCI DSS is the payment card industry security requirement for entities that store, process or transmit cardholder data, and has been endorsed by all the major card brands – Visa Inc., MasterCard Worldwide, Discover Network, American Express and JCB. PCI DSS compliance gives consumers the confidence they need to know that organizations accepting electronic payments or donations are doing so in a verified, secure, and consistent fashion. Luminate, our software provider for online marketing, fundraising and advocacy received Level 1 PCI compliance – the highest level validation. This means that the processes, procedures, network configuration and overall environment used to process your financial support of our organization have met the stringent guidelines of a third-party audit and are in compliance with the high standards set by the industry. This comprehensive standard is intended to help organizations such as ours pro-actively protect your account data a responsibility we take very seriously.
6. What choices you have regarding the collection, accuracy and use of your information
- Opting out: Goodwill-Easter Seals provides site visitors and donors with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving our online and
offline communications. To stop receiving email, phone
or postal mail communications from us,
please contact us via email or call us at
651-379-5800. Email unsubscribe requests and phone calls are processed immediately.
- Tell a friend: If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask them for the friend's name and email address. Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
- Other websites: Our site contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
To request a link from our website to your website, please contact us. Outbound links are usually provided to help our participants, partners and supporters. We reserve the right to deny or block any such links when they present offensive or objectionable content or materials.
- All content, stories and images on this site are the copyright property of Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota and may not be used without express permission from Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota. It is not intended to be used outside the parameters for which it was written – for the supporters, partners, participants and friends of Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota.
- Information on our website and on this page is not intended to provide legal, IRS or tax advice. See your professional advisors for such advice.
- Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota is not liable for any incorrect information published.
By using this site, you signify your agreement to the terms and conditions of this Goodwill-Easter Seals website Privacy and Usage Policy. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this policy at any time. When we do, the changes will be posted on this page upon date of change. Please check this page periodically for any changes. Your continued use of the Goodwill-Easter Seals website following the posting of any changes to these terms shall mean that you have accepted those changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.