Masks have never been more in fashion…and 2020 has been frightful! Your local Goodwill has all you need for a safe, yet still spooky, Halloween.
Whether you trick-or-treat or find safe alternatives…here are ten ideas for a socially distant, spooktacular Halloween:
1. Get your home Halloween-ready with low priced table décor, lights, creepy candles and spider webs.
2. Find costumes for the whole family, with many items starting at just 99 cents.
3. Host a virtual costume contest with categories like best makeup, best duo costume and more.
4. Stop into your local Goodwill for Halloween projection lights and frightful yard décor to be the talk of your town.
5. Carve petrifying pumpkins outside with a small group and display them for others to enjoy.
6. Decorate a devilish front door with skeleton bones, creepy bats to make your Halloween howl.
7. Dress your pets in costume for a wickedly weird walk.
8. Organize a neighborhood parade for your little ghouls and goblins to strut their spooky stuff.
9. Fashion ghastly ghosts with the whole family to hang in plants and trees (learn how).
10. Host a virtual Halloween happy hour with bone-chilling cocktails and mocktails.
A safe and fun Halloween
Most of 2020 has looked a bit different, and according to the CDC, Halloween will too.
With door-to-door trick or treating discouraged, it is time for parents to get creative. However, if you are stumped for ideas on how to make this Halloween one to remember, let us help!
Take your costume inspiration from the factual, fictional and legendary figures who make Minnesota great.