Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota's Construction Training is a 12-week course designed to provide job skills for a career in construction and related trades.
This 300-hour training course incorporates:
- 25 hours of weekly classroom, shop, and site training
- Six weeks paid training on construction sites
- Instruction in:
- Construction concepts
- Green building practices
- Tool use
- Math and measuring
- OSHA 10 training
- Lead Abatement Worker training
- Union and construction industry speakers/tours
- Employment Readiness Training:
- Resume development
- Application preparation
- Interviewing skills
- Job search
- Retention skills training
- Assistance with job placement and follow-up services for graduates
- Case management support to achieve long-term career goals
The first six weeks of training is at our training facility at 635 Prior Ave. N in St. Paul. The second six weeks of training occurs at construction sites in the Twin Cities and surrounding areas.
Employment Training & Education Information Line
This program is funded by grants, gifts from generous donors, sponsors and skills training partners. Scholarships may be available for participants who meet qualification/eligibility requirements.