Construction Skills Training
Goodwill/Easter Seals' Minnesota's Construction Skills Training is a twelve-week program designed to provide job skills for a career in construction and related trades.
Goodwill/Easter Seals Minnesota's 350-hour training program incorporates:
- Instruction on construction fundamentals including; OSHA 10 hazard awareness, instrument and tool usage, math and measuring, blueprint reading, fabrication, framing, sheathing and finishing skills, installation of doors and windows and Lead Abatement Certification.
- Industry speakers and tours with local businesses, including interviews with employer partners.
- Employment readiness training - résumé development, application preparation, interviewing skills, job search and retention skills training.
- Assistance with job placement and follow-up services for graduates.
- Support to achieve long-term career goals.
The first 6 weeks of training occurs at our new training facility at: 635 Prior Ave. N in St. Paul. The second 6 weeks of training occurs at construction sites within the Twin Cities and surrounding areas
This program is funded by grants, gifts from generous donors, sponsors and skills training partners. Scholarships may be available for participants who meet qualification/eligibility requirements.