We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion
are central to our mission.
BE YOUR AUTHENTIC SELF
As a service provider, employer and retailer, Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota strives to reflect the communities we serve and ensure everyone feels welcome.
As an employer we will build on employee engagement and inclusion efforts.
As a community member we will reflect our service communities and actively learn together.
As a service provider we will create equitable opportunities.
As an advocate we will influence systems change.
With varying backgrounds and experiences, our employees and the people we serve bring many talents to the workplace.
I love the safety star program! I think it’s great that we reward employees for making us a safer shopping environment.
I enjoy working with my team and am excited about the opportunity to support our important services & programs, as well as learn from so many industry experts across our departments.
We work as a family. I can bring my whole self to work and I feel like a part of the team. The organization loves and appreciates all of its employees and this is reflected in their hiring and retention of people from all backgrounds and walks of life. This is proof this organization truly understands diversity and inclusion.
THE PEOPLE WE SERVE
DEI STRATEGIC PILLARS
- Employee-driven DEI council shares educational opportunities and hosts space for people to be their authentic selves
- Actively recruit and retain people of color, people from diverse backgrounds and recognize the intersectionality in every individual
- DEI training for all levels of leadership and Board of Directions, monthly resources and a calendar of free events to engage with inclusion issues
- Employees source vendors, partners and support BIPOC-owned businesses
- Seek out and speak to diverse audiences, ensuring marketing and communications efforts are accessible and inclusive
- Build a more inclusive workforce and help stabilize families through the power of work
- Support over 4,500 unemployed and lower-wage earners annually
- Add more culturally responsive practices and develop digital skills assessment to be inclusive
- Participation in Second Chance, Homeless, Mental Health advocacy days at the capitol
- Bring DEI to the forefront internally and externally, speaking out against overt and systematic racism/inequities
Our employees help build a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion that permeates all areas of our work. A DEI Council with staff members from across the organization shares educational opportunities, conducts listening sessions and hosts spaces for people to be their authentic selves. We also have a staff team that proactively discusses accessibility/identifies areas to improve.
Check out these free DEI events:
Where there's a will, there's Goodwill
Join us in influencing change and ensuring people in our community have equitable access to employment opportunities!